FINE ART AUCTION - APRIL 25th, 6.30 pm
Among the highlights of the sale are the following rarest artworks:
RUSSIAN ART AUCTION - APRIL 26th, 1.00 pm and 4.00 pm, APRIL 27th, 5.00 pm
Highlights of the Russian art auction to be held on 26th April will include significant paintings by Konstantin Korovin
, Yuliy Klever
, Johann W.G. Barth, Vladimir Ammon
and Karl Geftler
, marvellous drawings by Alexandre Benois
, Leon Bakst
, Yury Annenkov and Lev Borodulin's remarkable private collection of Fine Art.
The Russian Art auction is dedicated to 2 capitals, Moscow and Saint-Petersburg, and will present paintings and drawings, books, manuscripts, photographs that are associated with two symbols of Russia and its history such as:
Views of St Petersburg and Moscow, both XIX cenutires; View of Neva by Karl Geftler from Nicholas II collection; a rare book about Tsarskoe Selo
and a watercolour of Gatschina Palace by Alexandre Benois
; aquatints with St. Petersburg views by John Augustus Atkinson and Michel-Francois Damame-Demartrais; lithographs of Winter Palace & Imperial Palace and photographs of Moscow views from the end of the XIXth Century by the Italian photographer Giuseppe Datsario. As well as the rarest Russian Imperial Kovsh, a present from Peter I the Great and Ivan V
to customs officer in 1693.
April, Hermitage Fine Art will also present:
Interesting collection of Russian rare books:
In the photography section will be presented: MANUSCRIPTS AND RARE BOOKS AUCTION - APRIL 27th, 2.00 pm
The 27th of April will start with the sale of International Rare books and Manuscripts.
Hermitage Fine Art will exhibit a selection of truly unique historical materials coming from all over the world, from the XVI Century to the present day. A large section of autographs and letters of famous politicians, writers, painters, musicians, cultural and literary figures, scientists, photographs and autographs of world celebrities.
The most captivating items of the auctions are:
CARTIER OBJECTS OF VERTU - APRIL 27th, 4.30 pm
- Commentary of the Marengo Battle from the library of Napoleon from St. Helene, written by General Alexandre Berthier, War Minister, commander under the immediate orders of the First Consul; and accompanied by indicative maps pertaining to the different troop movements, geometrically noted by the geographer-engineers of the General Depository of War, under the direction General Sanson, Engineer Inspector.
- Love correspondence between Tsar Alexandre II and Katia Dolgorukaya –Twelve erotic letters written in French with explicit details about their relationships, where they used their own word code "bingerle", which refers to carnal love.
- Letters of Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord, politician and diplomat, master of political intrigues.
- Official documents with autographs of French Kings Louis XIII, Louis XIV, Louis XV, Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte, letters of Napoleon family members.
- Letters of French writers Charles Baudelaire and François René de Chateaubriand.
- Signed autographed letter of Military, Russian Statesman, favourite of Catherine II, Grigori Potemkin. 1789-1791.
- Signed autograph letter from famous British admiral Horatio Nelson to Alleyne Fitzherberg, dated 22 May, 1801.
- Autographed signed letter of Russian and French biologist, winner of the Nobel Prize in the field of physiology and medicine Ilya Metchnikov.
- Beautiful photographed portrait of Mata Hari, French spy, famous courtesan and dancer, during her journey in Monaco sent to a friend, thanking for her precious care.
- Business card with autographed compliments of Richard Norris WILLIAMS, 1891-1968, American tennis player, survived after the Titanic's shipwreck in 1912.
- Autograph of John Ronald Tolkien on the typescript letters, his correspondence with his Italian translator about his work, The Hobbit.
- Signed passport of Wallis Spencer-Simpson, Duchess of Windsor, Spouse of Prince Edward.
- Collection of Autographs of worldwide know composers and conductors like Richard Strauss, Giacomo Puccini, Igor Stravinsky, singer Pauline Viardot.
A unique collection of fine jewellery, clocks and accessories from the Art Deco period of one of the most Luxurious Jewellery Brand – Cartier
, will be auction on April 27th
at 4.30 pm.