Logistics & warehouse coordinator,
Join our dynamic team as a Fine Art Logistics & Warehouse Assistant and Coordinator in Monte Carlo, where you will play a crucial role in overseeing and executing the storage, art movement, art handling and logistics of our auction house.
We are looking for a highly organized and experienced candidate with a passion for art and a keen eye for detail. If you are driven, efficient, and have a strong background in fine art shipping, logistics, and art handling we would love to hear from you!
- Oversee and manage logistics, storage, and inventory in Monaco and nearby storage.
- Pack and unpack artworks; execute necessary art handling, including safe receiving, handling, storage, packing, transfer and releasing of a wide variety of fine art, design and lots from all categories.
- Prepare and register inventory condition reports, label the artwork.
- Register all art movements in the inhouse logistics software, auction database, and journals.
- Conduct regular inventory storage audits to ensure accurate records.
- Coordinate local and international shipments for previews, auctions, photography sessions, expert days, post-sale shipments.
- Monitor sold and unsold inventory, shipment records, release to clients, list of not shipped artworks.
- Oversee and manage customer services related to shipment and logistics.
- Travel between Monaco office and nearby storage facilities.
- Client liaison concerning pre-auction condition requests and post-auction shipments.
- Monitor Temporary Admission (TA) lots and deadlines.
- Monitor any necessary export procedures, including obtaining export certificates and licenses.
- Execute any additional administrative assignments in the office, including responding to phone calls, emails, client compliance research, filing of the documents in the office Qualifications.
- 3-5 years of experience in fine art shipping or logistics in an international art gallery, international fine art shipping, or auction house setting.
- Professional experience in art handling, including packing and moving various artworks and fragile items.
- A strong sense for efficiency and organization, able and willing to take responsibility.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm to learn.
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple, complex projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Enthusiasm about art and willingness to broaden knowledge.
- Strong IT processing skills e.g. MS Word, Excel, Outlook, ability to learn in-house software systems.
- Languages: French and English, Italian is a plus.
- Driving license
- Ability to travel between Monaco office and storage locations, as required.
You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight turnaround deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and a strong ability to establish and maintain a work schedule.
If you are hardworking, responsible, and meet the mentioned criteria, along with a genuine passion for the art industry, we welcome you to join us and be part of our team.
Freelance Auction Photographer
Are you a talented and experienced Freelance Product Photographer with commercial experience?
Hermitage Fine Art auction house in Monaco is looking for an occasional collaboration with a professional photographer:
Post production work includes editing, uploading and renaming images.
You should also own your own lightings and equipment.