AN ICON “CHRIST PANTOCRATOR” IN A SILVER OKLAD Saint Petersburg, late 19th - early 20th century
1 7001 900
silversmith’s hallmark: the coat of arms "Nicholas Linden" (on the lower round rim) wood, oil oklad: silver, chased, gilt 14.4 x 10 cm Preservation: in good condition, without restoration, patina on the frame Linden Nikolai Gustavovich (1864-1917?), owner of the Trading House: "Nikolai Linden & Co.", established in 1883 and later in 1916, supplier to the courts of the King of Romania, the Princes of Bulgaria and Montenegro, later to the court of the Shah of Persia. From 1895 to 1915 he was a gold, silver, diamond and watch merchant in Saint Petersburg.